Beyond the Aisle
Letter to the Editor:
We have had a historical moment in the election of Barack Obama. I, as I am sure many readers are, am looking to the future, not the past presidencies. We are looking to a government that will take the bull by the horns and make sensible changes for our country.
Here are some of the changes I would like to see made as our new year is celebrated.
1. I would like to see all our elected officials to come together and stop the bickering and make legislation that would benefit our country as a whole.
2. I would like to see the immigration problem solved, not just talked about.
3. I would like to see new companies begin and old companies and their CEO's move to the country of their workers.
4. I would like to see white collar workers pay for their crimes, as they expect thieves who rob their homes to be punished.
5. I would like to see our new president stop the corruption of special interest groups embezzling funds in the name of global charity, and see our government helping the down-trodden of our own country, with oversight.
6. I would like to see our new president talk to other world leaders with respect and a willingness to compromise for the global good.
7. I would like to see our government officials come together and create a new ideology based on honesty and hard work, not greed and self-indulgence.
8. I would like to see our country, as a real democracy, not an overt tyranny.
9. I would like to see our country as one nation, not many large conglomerates.
10. I would like to see someone stand up and say, "The party is over, boys."
Valerie Gamblin - Cleveland, TN